POLY(BISPHENOL A CARBONATE)
Polycarbonates are thermoplastic linear polymers (molecular weight ranging 35,000–70,000) that are characterized by very high impact strength (250–500 kilojoules per sq m, or kilograms-force per cm per sq cm [kgf.cm/cm2]), yield strength (strength in flexure, 77–120 meganewtons per sq m [MN/m2], or 770–1,200 kgf/cm2), and very good dielectric properties (dissipation factor, 0.0009 at 50 hertz). Polycarbonates are optically transparent, cold-resistant (stable at temperatures slightly below – 100°C), and self-extinguishing; they dissolve in most organic solvents such as methylene chloride and chloroform, and are resistant to acids, salt solutions, and oxidizing agents.
Chemical and Physical Properties of PC
- PC features high-strength making it impact- and fracture-resistant
- It is non-toxic, can be colored easily, and transparent up to 2 in. in width.
- PC features high heat and electrical resistance
- It is inert biologically
- Can be recycled
- Features good resistance to dilute acids, alcohols, mineral oils and vegetable oils
- Reacts easily with bases, concentrated acids, esters, aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons, ketones, halogenated hydrocarbons and oxidizing agents
- Can be solvent bonded, joined mechanically and welded
It is produced under polycondensation in Diphenylcarbonate and Bisphenol-A melt, using a non-phosgene COCl2 Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation technology method.
Technical specification :
Description of additional letter symbols to base grades as follows:
U – ultraviolet stabilizer;
R – improved antistick properties;
L – increased content of blue colorant.
Norms and requirements for PC quality parameters with additives are the same as for additives-free PC.
Application: for production by injection molding;
- PC-075, PC-075D – polycarbonates, intended for optical articles production by injection molding (incl. CD, DVD and other disks) as well as manufacture of mixed composites with other plastics;
- PC-075A, PC-075DA - polycarbonates, intended for production of articles by injection molding and manufacture of mixed composites with other plastics.
Packaging: the Polycarbonates are packaged in bags as per GOST 17811 or in similar polymer bags as per technical documentation approved under the appropriate procedure and related to import as well. The bags neck should be sealed in. Polycarbonates are also packaged in sealed soft special containers for bulk solids as per technical documentation approved under the appropriate procedure and related to import as well. Packages should be tightly sewed. Polycarbonate weight in
bag should be (25±0.25) kg, in big-bag (750±3.75) kg, (850±4.25) kg, (1000±5.0) kg.
Handling and storage: transportation by any modes of roofed transport in accordance with transport regulations valid for the related mode of transport. To be stored indoors excluding direct sun and at least 1 m away from heating devices at temperature not exceeding 35 °С.
specification revision date: Tue Thu Feb 6 18:00:46 CET 2014